Sunday, October 11, 2009

Before Bed

Past few days have been fairly stress free, although I'm descending into a week of hard work that I'm desperately trying to resist. My whole body is weary but I'm fighting sleep a little longer because the next few days are going to be nothing but work. After the work comes revision and studying for mid-term exams. One course I've barely looked at, but luckily has no exams or assignments until December.

I had originally intended this blog to offer a fairly analytic perspective on various academic subjects, mostly brought on by my research for school, however, I've begun to turn it into more of a personal space for my thoughts and activities. I apologize, although I am aware that I have no followers, and no indication as to whether or not anyone is reading this on a regular basis. For the moment I'll continue to post my thoughts and comment on topics of interest as its fairly therapeutic to do so.

I have switched from my spiritmaster to a gladiator in Aion, because I wanted to see what the other classes had to offer, and I was also intrigued by the image attached to the previous post. It depicted a samurai warrior woman out for revenge, and I thought I would make a character like that. It so happened that, while I was playing a priest character who was an alt of my cloud look-a-like, the server went down and I had the option to start again on a different realm. Because your first character is always going to make some obvious mistakes after you get used to the system, my latest character has been much more refined and detailed, and more attuned to the world she inhabits. I created Chou, a female character who is a gladiator, who has a good amount of money and hasn't made the mistake of wasting Kinah learning too many crafting professions at once. She's spent time crafting armour and weapons to outfit herself better, and I've been keeping her on a steady pace to level up regularly. When I was creating Lucard, I picked the 'lean' body type, which I later found translated to "lanky" ingame. Tall and awkward with freakishly large hands. You can notice it in some of the screenshots. The new character design for Chou was much more accurate to a human being.

I've also got some pictures for your enjoyment.







After getting my Divine Points to maximum, Chou started to glow with a powerful aura. Each tier of Divine Points opens up spectacular moves that consume them, so I like to think of it as a Limit Break move, similar to Final Fantasy VII. At the third tier the aura is very bright and does not fade until you use your limit break move, so I kept it a few hours and enjoyed the feeling of being a little more special than other players. But since no one seemed to comment on it, I asked a passer-by if I was glowing and they said no, so I suppose it is just a cosmetic way of letting you know you have an ability ready, but doesn't appear to anybody else, unfortunately.

Sleep is overtaking me so I will go, I also have a lot of housework to do after the thanksgiving dinner I cooked - plates and pans all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment